In our busy lives, most of us don’t think twice about our home’s windows and doors. We depend on them daily for protection from the weather and thieves or intruders. Doors allow us convenient access into and out of our homes, while windows are portals of sunshine and fresh air and offer visibility of our outside surroundings. Time, use, and exposure can damage our windows and doors from performing at their optimal level. If your home is aging, it may be time for replacement windows and doors in Tualatin, OR.
Today’s industry of modern windows and doors has evolved into a complex lineup of specialized products. As you begin your search, you’ll likely be overwhelmed by the sheer volume of choice. How will you ever know which products are best suited to your needs? And how can you avoid industry pitfalls when you aren’t even sure what the problems are.
That’s where a seasoned expert can be a mainstay of support and guidance. At Advanced Energy Services, our team of experts is second to none. When you work with us, you’ll receive a no-cost, no-obligation consultation at your home with an experienced pro. They will carefully listen to your concerns and goals for any project you’re considering. They’ll answer any questions you have, and make appropriate recommendations.
You can walk through the home with them during the consultation. However, if you’d like to do a preliminary walkthrough of your home, here are several things to look for that may indicate it is time to install replacement windows and doors in Tualatin, OR in your home:
- Low Energy Efficiency
Today’s quality made windows and doors are highly efficient. They conserve precious energy resources by eliminating waste and loss. The internal temperature of your home should be relatively constant and easy to maintain. If you find the need to constantly adjust the thermostat to offset the influence of outside temperatures, poor window and door efficiency could be to blame. Several reasons could cause this:
- The quality of your existing windows and doors is low and unable to perform to modern efficiency standards
- Age, exposure, and years of use have weakened your doors and windows to the point of failure and inefficiency
- Bad installation from the start
- Settling or shifting of the house causing misalignment and seal failure
In such situations, there is a good chance your home’s windows and doors need to be upgraded. The good news is, when you choose residential window replacement using high-quality products, you’ll likely see savings of up to 25% on your monthly utility bills. Not only will you save money each month, you’ll also be helping to reduce the environmental impact of your home.
- Damage and Wear
During the inspection of your current windows and doors, you’ll want to look for signs of damage and wear. Take a minute to open and close each one. Can you see evidence of disrepair or stress? Are there any sticking points along their travel path? Do you see any water stains, cracked or dried caulk sealant, or edge mold? In colder months, do you notice condensation in or on the window? Is any of the glass cracked or broken?
You can also evaluate locking hardware on your windows and doors. Are all mechanisms working to secure the home? Also, are there any noticeable gaps between the window and any part of the frame?
- Outdated Windows and Doors
Windows and doors are a functional part of everyday living. Yet, they should also contribute to the style and architectural presence. After all, these portals attract the eye since light and access to the home will enter through them. If your home is looking a bit tired or run down, it could be that your windows and doors need to be refreshed. More often than not, outdated windows are old enough that they are not performing optimally anyway. Replacing them is often a wise choice.
- Investing in the Home
Window installation and door replacement can be a costly upgrade. Fortunately, the expense is viewed as an investment, so some of the money spent will be regained in home equity increase. Lower energy bills will also contribute toward paying for new windows and doors, as well.
Replacement Windows and Doors in Tualatin, OR
Advanced Energy Services has been providing high-quality Milgard products to the local community for over 12 years. Since 1977, the owner has operated other successful window and door businesses, always looking for ways to help homeowners maximize the energy conservation of their homes. No one understands the business better. Customers recognize this and value the experience and expertise that the company brings to every project they undertake.
If you’re in the market for replacement windows and doors in Tualatin, OR, call our team of professionals for a free consultation at your home. Advanced Energy Services is located at 9150 SW Pioneer Ct Ste D Wilsonville, OR 97070. Call to get started at (503) 563-6866.
Replacement Windows and Doors FAQs
What are the questions to ask when considering a replacement windows and doors in Tualatin, OR?
- How much do new windows and doors cost?
- When should you replace windows and doors?
- How much should replacement windows cost installed?
- What is the cheapest way to replace Windows?
- Should I replace all windows at once?
- Learn more.
Can replacing outdated windows and doors save on heating and cooling costs?
- Windows and doors are a functional part of everyday living. Yet, they should also contribute to the style and architectural presence. After all, these portals attract the eye since light and access to the home will enter through them. If your home is looking a bit tired or run down, it could be that your windows and doors need to be refreshed. More often than not, outdated windows are old enough that they are not performing optimally anyway. Replacing them is often a wise choice. Learn more about replacement windows and doors here.
What do I do when replacing windows and doors if I receive damage and wear part of my order?
- During the inspection of your current windows and doors, you’ll want to look for signs of damage and wear. Take a minute to open and close each one. You can also evaluate locking hardware on your windows and doors. Learn more about replacement windows and doors here.